‘Maths With Style’ Programme (G1-6)
A one-on one programme teaching children important maths concepts they don’t understand, THROUGH THEIR INDIVIDUAL LEARNING AND THINKING STYLES BECAUSE THAT IS HOW THEY LEARN BEST. When children learn according to their inherent learning styles it accelerates their learning.
WILL YOUR CHILD BENEFIT FROM OUR PROGRAMME? IF YOUR CHILD
- Is in foundation phase (G1-3) and already EXPERIENCING DIFFICULTY (a little or a lot) with maths.
- Is in primary school (G4-6) and having DIFFICULTY (a little or a lot) with maths.
- Dislikes maths and has a NEGATIVE ATTITUDE to the subject.
- FORGETS MATHS FACTS AND PROCESSES from day to day.
- Can often SOLVE PROBLEMS IN HIS/HER HEAD but is not good at calculations.
- DOES POORLY on maths tests even though daily work is OK.
- LOOKS BLANK when you try to explain a concept.
- DOUBTING S/HE IS INTELLIGENT because of poor maths marks.
- STRUGGLING with any of the following concepts eg. number values, 4 operations +,-,x,÷; tables; fractions; decimals; percentages; time; measurement; geometry; word problems.
DID YOU KNOW?
Most children will not understand any mathematical concept unless they have first fully understood and mastered the concepts lower down.
ABOUT OUR ‘Maths With Style’ PROGRAMME (G1-6)
DEVELOPS UNDERSTANDING THROUGH CONCRETE EXPERIENCES
- Profile children to identify their individual THINKING AND LEARNING STYLES.
- Work with methods that match their STYLES.
- Concentrate on BUILDING UNDERSTANDING of the concepts they have missed lower down.
- Help them move from CONCRETE LEARNING TO SYMBOLS, as they understand the concept.
- Work with you, their parents, so you know how your child learns best.
- Give you ideas on how to help your child with maths homework using ways that match his/her learning style.
- Are happy to work together with children’s teachers if they are willing.
Please note, that these are not homework sessions.
Why not download the following article: Why do many children struggle with maths at school?